Review Detail

Fantasy F Fwwadmin June 29, 2016 2707
Slow at first but grows on you with interesting characters
(Updated: February 07, 2017)
Rating 

Sometimes reading a book is a process that takes several months. Sand & Storm was one of those books in that I bought it back around June 2016 and just finished in February of 2017. Admittedly I didn't start reading it until after late October though. I'm not that slow of a reader!

It is hard to explain why it took be so long other than to say I just didn't sit for long at any one time while reading it.

The world has several well developed and diverse characters in it but I think the problem I found was that this first book moved pretty slowly without a major hook that kept me reading. Sure there were plenty of people that were living their own lives in the world but no one character really jumped out as extremely interesting.

The funny thing is that once I finished the book I find myself wondering what happens in the second book of the series. There is a war brewing, a romance building between a young, educated noble woman and the King, an interesting female engineer, a barren Queen, huge rideable eagles, deadly magic, and something weird going on in the desert that a young meteorologist can't keep his nose out of.

So if you like fantasy stories with some unusual twists and don't mind a slow build up give Sand & Storm a try. I give it four out of five stars and even have two completely free ebook copies available to the first two people who redeem them. No purchase necessary but when they are gone they are gone.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/gift-redemption/B01G3MWPOC/GS9PH2JF9SFPKX9

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/gift-redemption/B01G3MWPOC/GSNFD498S84DU89

Parental advisory: I don't recommend this book for children as there is at least one graphically violent scene between a man and a woman that is a key part of the plot.

Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account